So cute!!! \(//∇//)\♡
So cute!!! \(//∇//)\♡
reading a foreign language: yeah
writing in a foreign language: ok
listening to a foreign language: wait
speaking in a foreign language: fuck
It’s the other way around for me xD
“One thing you can always count on is that hearts change”
Hello, sorry this is extremely overdue ><
Yes you are right — they all have to do with love. However, 恋 (koi) and 恋愛 (ren ai) are both similar, while 愛 (ai) is a bit different.
愛 is more of a general term for love as it can refer to all types of love rather than just romantic love. For instance, love between a mother and her child, love for a friend, or love for a religion. (definition)
- ex. 親の愛 (oya no ai) - parental love
- ex. 兄弟愛 (kyoudai ai) - sibling love
- ex. 母の愛 (haha no ai) - maternal love
- ex. 神の愛 (kami no ai) - God’s love
- ex. 家族への愛 (kazoku e no ai) - love for (his) family
- ex. 男女の愛 (danjo no ai) - love between men/women
- ex. 日本に対する愛 (nihon ni taisuru ai) - love of Japan
- ex. 世界への愛 (sekai e no ai) - love of the world
On the other hand, 恋 and 恋愛 are more specifically for romantic kinds of love. Both have the same kind of meaning, but 恋愛 is heavier and more serious, whereas 恋 can be that or a cuter/lighter love like puppy love. You can say 恋愛する (ren ai suru), but 恋をする (koi wo suru) is more common. 恋愛 is also used as a genre name.
- ex. 恋愛関係 (ren ai kankei) - a romantic relationship (heavy)
- ex. 恋愛中 (ren ai chuu) - to be in love, in a relationship
- ex. 恋愛結婚 (ren ai kekkon) - love marriage
- ex. 恋愛小説 (ren ai shousetsu) - romance novels
- ex. 恋愛事件 (ren ai jiken) - love affair
- ex. 恋愛歌 (ren ai uta) - love song
- ex. 恋愛ドラマ (ren ai dorama) - romance dramas
- ex. 彼女と私は社内恋愛中です。(kanojo to watashi wa shanai renai chuu desu) - She and I are having an office romance.
- ex. 恋の神 (koi no kami) - Cupid
- ex. 恋の達引 (koi no tatehiki) - rivalry in love
- ex. 愛のかたき (ai no kataki) - rival in love
- ex. 恋人 (koibito) - lover, sweetheart (serious)
- ex. 恋に落ちる (koi ni ochiru) - to fall in love (with ~)
- ex. 恋を打ち明ける (koi wo uchiakeru) - to declare one’s love
- （だれか）に恋する - to be in love with ~
- ex. 僕は君に恋をする。(boku wa kimi ni koi wo suru) - I’m in love with you.
- ex. 私は恋に落ちています。(watashi wa koi ni ochiteimasu) - I’m falling in love.
I finally got my p.o box in order and ordered Diabolik Lovers More Blood and two light novels (Brothers Conflict). I can’t wait.
Yesterday I wrote my final exam of the school year. Sadly I think
positive I failed it. It’s okay. I accepted it, it was my fault at the end anyways. I just can’t repeat the same things next year as it is my final year…must graduate with decent marks.
I still have summer school waiting for me so this break will be short. Some what looking forward to the courses as they seem interesting.
Anyways, until then I shall relax & have some fun.